Here are nine ways to protect yourself from the sun...
• Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15.
• Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours when outdoors, even on cloudy days.
• Wear protective, tightly woven clothing, such as a long-sleeved shirt and pants.
• Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses that Block 99-100% of UV Radiation when outdoors.
• Stay in the shade whenever possible.
• Avoid reflective surfaces, which can reflect up to 85 percent of the sun's damaging rays.
• No shadow...seek the shade! If your shadow is shorter than you are, you're likely to sunburn.
• Avoid tanning beds.
Source: American Academy of Dermatology