Often when I am working on Daily Celebrations, something remarkable happens. I become fully absorbed. Everything clicks. Time disappears.
Oblivious to everything but my creativity, I am caught up with passion and satisfaction.
This flow, this "white moment," has been described as being "in the zone" by athletes, the "no-mind" by Zen followers, where a person has the "capacity for full engagement in an activity." Where everything is harmonious, unified, and effortless.
FLOW ON AND THROUGH...
"We should not stop to reflect, compare, analyze, possess, but flow on and through, endlessly, like music." ~ Henry Miller
Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi has scientifically researched the phenomenon of flow for years and has written several books on the subject. He discovered that flow comes when:
1. We have a doable task to complete.
2. It can be focused upon.
3. There are clear goals and immediate feedback.
4. We act from a deep but effortless involvement that removes quotidian concerns.
5. We have a sense of control.
6. Concern for self disappears, then is stronger than ever once the task is completed.
7. Passage of time semms to be altered.
"Creativity," he said, "is a central source of meaning in our lives."
And creating with passion is profound magic...
"While yearning to overthrow old beliefs, we also thirst for new certainties" ~ Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Immerse yourself in the creative work that you love... That's the flow, baby.